BRAND NAME– FEOFER 2.5 TABLETS
COMPOSITION: LETROZOLE 2.5 MG TABLETS
PACKING-10*5 BLISTER PACKING
- Letrozole is an oral non-steroidal type II aromatase inhibitor.(third generation).
- It is a potential ovulation induction (OI) drug.
- It is a good option, with its oral route of administration, cost, shorter half-life and negligible side effects.
- In women with failure or resistance to Clomiphene citrate, letrozole was shown to be very effective both in ovulation rate and live birth rate.
MECHANISM OF LETROZOLE
It blocks the active site, and therefore the electron transfer chain of CYP19A1. This competitive inhibition prevents the conversion of androgens to estrogen. This action leads to a reduction in uterine weight and elevated leuteinizing hormone. In postmenopausal women, the action of aromatase is responsible for the majority of estrogen production. With reduced availability of estrogen, estrogen-dependant tumors regress.
ADVANTAGES OF AROMATASE INHIBITOR(LETROZOLE) OVER CLOMIPHENE CITRATE:
- It does not deplete estrogen receptors (ER) throughout the body
- It keeps the hypothalamopituitary axis intact
- It is short acting (45 min half-life).
INDICATIONS OF FEOFER 2.5 TABLETS
- Ovarian induction in polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
- Ovarian induction in intrauterine insemination (IUI)
- Ovarian stimulation for IVF/ICSI.
- 1st line and 2nd line treatment of advanced breast cancer
COMMON SIDE EFFCETS OF FEOFER-2.5 TABETS
- Get emergency medical help if you have signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Common side effects may include:
- warmth,hot flashes or redness in your face or chest;
- headache,dizziness, weakness;
- bone pain, muscle or joint pain;
- swelling, weight gain;
- increased sweating; or
- increased cholesterol in your blood.