BRAND NAME: ALNAGEST 200 CAPSULES
COMPOSTION: NATURAL PROGESTERONE 200 MG SOFTGEL
PACKING: 10*10 ALU-ALU
Essential hormone, plays important role in women’s reproductive cycle.
Name derived from “progestational steroid hormone” – helps to prepare and maintain uterine bed for conception.
Secreted by: ovaries, placenta & adrenal glands-essential during luteal phase to sustain pregnancy.
Antiproliferative endometrial action- shedding of endometrium-maintain regular menstrual cycle.
VARIOUS ROLES OF PROGESTERONE
- Transition of the endometrium from the proliferative to the secretory phase
Preparation of the endometrium for potential implantation .
- Maintaining pregnancy
- The reduction of uterine muscular activity through the development of increased numbers of β-adrenergic receptors and the reduction of sensitivity to oxytocin .
- The reduction of prostaglandin synthesis.
- Stimulating the development of lobuli and mammary ducts in breast tissue .
- High levels of progesterone during pregnancy serve to prepare the mammary glands for lactation.
Micronization & it’s benefitsMicronization : decrease particle size
Enhanced dissolution and half life
Two fold increase in absorption when taken with food
Unlike synthetic progestins,micronised progesterone has not been shown to affect mood,decrease high density lipoprotein(HDL) cholesterol levels,or adversly affect pregnancy outcome.
INDICATIONS OF ALNAGEST-200 CAPSULES
- PRETERM DELIVERY
- THREATENED ABORTIONS
- HORMONE REPLACEMENT THERAPY WITH ESTROGEN
- ASSISTED REPRODUCTIVE TECHNIQUES (ART CYCLE)
- EMBRYO IMPLANTATION
- MENSTRUAL IRREGULARITIES